Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I don’t have a chip on my shoulder I have a Grudge

About a year ago I saw probably the scariest movies know to man… well at least this one. The Grudge made it so I now have to make sure my closet door is ALWAYS shut before I can fall asleep. Well I thought my fears were finally starting to subside when they had to go and make another! Now when I am watching the Simpson’s or any show, there is a chance that I have to be reminded of my fear. I know there are people out there that felt the movie wasn’t that scary, but I did. I can honestly say that no movie has freaked me out the way that movie did. Example:
I woke up in the middle of the night last night and had trouble falling asleep. I wanted to put the blanket over my head due to the neon-isk sign that is my alarm clock was blinding me. Well I couldn’t. Cause these commercials reminded me of a scene where a woman lifted up her blanket and there was the girl….. I am NO OFFICALLY FREAKED OUT. How sad is it that I am getting scared as we speak. Don’t get me wrong I love being scared but enough is enough.
Even during my “Zombie Movie Streak” where I literally watched all the most recent zombie movies: 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead, Shawn of the Dead (not scary but made me remember Dawn of the Dead) and others. Yes I made sure I had my golf club, butterfly knife, and a .45(fake) next to the bed but that was more funny. I even had an escape route and plan:
Best Case Scenario: Get to one of my vehicles, with keys
Best/Realistic Scenario: Get to Van and get in back (van has a metal cage surrounding it)
Realistic Scenario: Get to bathroom (one door, and yes I have a can of tomato soup in there)
Worst Case Scenario: Fight them off till I die
Nonetheless I have a lot of time on my hand, a very active imagination, and I live alone.
But to my point, we need to get rid of the commercial for this movie. My sleep pattern will thank you. Your comments are welcomed and will look like a petition!

P-

Also, I don't have a picture cause I am scared of that website!

6 Comments:

Blogger Lovemarie said...

your so silly. I would have never guessed

10:21 AM  
Blogger Miller Sturtevant said...

Yeah those Japanese filmmakers really know how to make a scary movie that gets under your skin. Probably best to stay away from those kinds of movies in the future there, Patrick. Try and keep it strictly relegated to just CGI-animated talking animal movies like Open Season and maybe a Hillary Duff or Lindsay Lohan vehicle. You know, like that one where Lohan's winking like a champ on the poster. You know the one I mean. Nothing too scary there. Nothing at all. Seriously.

12:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tomato soup in the bathroom? That's just silly.

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Grudge didn't scare me, however, The Blair Witch Project still keeps me up to this day!!!!

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhhh,, just remember that if they really wanted you, all they would have to do is wait quietly behind the closed closet door... silently in the dark.. the razor edged blade held at the ready.. perfectly positioned to slice the unwary, to open your jugular as you slowly inch open your closet door. They are their now, waiting in the dark. Because they are the un-dead, you can't hear them breathing .. however if you put your ear to the door sometimes you hear a light tapping, a restless movement of the soon to be bloodied knife, tapping against the door. They are very patient.. and are waiting even now...with your closet door closed.

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

plus don't forget that they can pose as other people

and anytime your phone rings, it could be them . . . waiting

once you are involved, you're dead, no matter what

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home